Friday, June 26, 2015

in the name of HOPE...

I almost forgot how to blog...been out on the road too long.

Today is a glorious day in the name of hope and love, #SCOTUS did a good good thing. Amazing, really. I am such a huge rambling fan of love in all its forms, I can't imagine being denied the luxury of shouting it to the world.

Plus it is miss Holly Gaiman's birthday and my own sweet Husband's as well!

A few weeks back, while I was in Europe on tour with the Black Keys, Neilhimself sent me a drawing that that clever linesman Chris Riddell came up with. I sat down to take it in fully and felt a little diamond tear form.

"A world in which there are monsters, and ghosts, and things that want to steal your heart is a world in which there are angels, and dreams, and a world in which there is hope." -Neil Gaiman

Chris generously agreed to come up with a version painted in jewel tones, finishing the hope in pure gold. I couldn't be happier with the finished product.

Have you seen his work on the UK versions of Neil's GRAVEYARD BOOK & FORTUNATELY, THE MILK? He's a magician with a keen eye for the curvy humor of life. Plus he was just this June appointed the UK Children's Laureate..!

We are so honored, grateful and lucky to be collaborating with Chris.

I have sent the files to my printer here in Hollywood, who promises to do a brilliant job.

The prints will be 11" x 17" on a buttery creamy velvet stock and I am offering it at $25 for this June weekend. My printer says we should have them in about 8-10 business days, so please be aware this is a pre-sale. I will get them out as quickly as possible.

These prints will be sold unsigned. A limited edition run of 1500.

you can order it by CLICKING HERE.

I will put the price up to $38.00 on Monday morning.

They will come to you in a super-sturdy tube made of recycled cardboard, which you can spray-paint silver and use as a robot arm.

for more magic from Mr. Riddell, please visit: http://www.chrisriddell.co.uk or click HERE.

A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Gaiman Foundation and The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. Thank you for your support, loves, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i have lifted all blocks on commenting, not sure why it's a sticky bitch.
please try again or follow the blog for more ease in commenting. Sorry!