Wednesday, December 25, 2013

a New Year's resolution for 2014

2013 has been a huge year of travel and new experience for me. from Japan to Australia, Argentina to Denmark, I have been seeing the world.

I write this from my childhood home, where I am visiting my beloved parents, and I re-found this blog that I started about my past.

"Swallowing Diamonds" was my first solo photo show, hung in a small Baltimore gallery, a couple months before I graduated college (UMBC) in 2001.

Shortly after graduation, I moved out west to California to start a new life, and began touring the world.

Now I am looking at a decade plus of accumulated items from my travels, a treehouse full of souvenirs, tour mementos, treasures that I have picked up along the way.

It's my New Year's resolution to post one thing a day here for the 365 days of 2014. Some days, i will sell them on ebay, some items I will post at a fixed selling price, on some days, I will give free to a good home. Time to share with the world, and clear a space for new things.

I will post on this Swallowing Diamonds blog spot, a photo with a little story about where the treasure o' the day came from. I have been photographing things from Japanese kimonos to rare guitar picks, getting ready to keep my resolution.

watch this space & happy new year to all-- xo Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

i have lifted all blocks on commenting, not sure why it's a sticky bitch.
please try again or follow the blog for more ease in commenting. Sorry!